Sometimes I fantasize about quitting my job and just staying home eating bonbons all day. The other day I told Hubby to consider what I call “The Mad Men Option”. I told him that if he agreed to move to a less expensive house in the country somewhere, so that I didn’t have to work to help pay the mortgage, I would do the following:
- Get the kids ready every morning and put them on the bus;
- Do all the cleaning;
- Do all the cooking;
- Keep track of our finances;
- Schedule all play dates, doctor and dentist appointments;
- Work out for an hour every day;
- Have a drink ready for him at night when he walks in the door.
Surprisingly, he hasn’t called the real estate agent yet. Huh.
Maybe because I already take care of numbers 2, 4 and 5, part of 1 and am already (somewhat) attempting 6. And we both know that if I was in charge of 3 we’d all starve.
Perhaps I need a new strategy.